0.8 – 1.0 FTE Required for September 2019
National Teachers Pay and Conditions Apply
Main Pay Range MPS 1 – 6 – Temporary Contract for one year
The Head Teacher and Governors of Barton and Ravensworth Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher. Primarily we are looking for a mixed age year 2/3/4 teacher for our wonderful school for 0.8FTE with the possibility of 1.0FTE. NQT and experienced applicants can apply.
What we are looking for a candidate who is:
- An excellent classroom teacher with experience of working in the primary range.
- An enthusiastic and hard-working team player
- Confident in their subject knowledge and teaching skills to extend and challenge pupils’ thinking
- Energetic, motivated and positive with an I can-do attitude
- Committed to high-standards and expectations
- Ambitious with a desire to develop their career
- Creative, interesting and willing to take risks
- Resilient and flexible
- Personable with a good sense of humour
- Willing to support the Christian ethos of the school
- Interested in developing their leadership skills
What we can offer:
- Happy and welcoming pupils, staff, governors and parents
- Pupils with excellent behaviour and a thirst for knowledge
- Advanced Teaching Assistant support
- A warm, collegiate and supportive environment in which to work, learn and develop
- High quality Continuous Professional Development and Leadership development opportunities
- Opportunity to work in collaboration with other schools and be part of the establishment of the Dales Academies Trust
- A chance to be part of a caring, Christian environment with exciting visions for the future
A clear understanding of the primary curriculum and the ability to plan, teach and assess a mixed aged class is essential. Relevant experience in primary education is essential. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to lead curriculum subjects across the school and develop their leadership skills. Non-contact time will be provided to support leadership development. Please give details of your curriculum strengths, interests and experience within your application.
The successful candidate will become part of a team which is enthusiastically driving the school forward and building upon its achievements and strengths. We are a warm, inclusive family school with a strong Christian ethos, a sense of community and a commitment to excellence for all children in our care. We aim to ensure that our children feel safe, happy and achieve their potential as a unique individual and as a learner. Christian values are at the heart of all that we are trying to achieve.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school is also committed to safer recruitment procedures. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
We welcome visitors to our lovely school would really like to meet you prior to your application! If you would like to request an application pack or arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office and speak to Mrs Hazel Richmond (01325 718375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dates and times for visits include:
Tuesday 21st May – 4pm
Wednesday 22nd May – 4pm
Friday 24th May – 9.30am
Closing date for applications: noon, Monday 3rd June 2019
Short Listing: 2pm Friday 7th June 2019 (candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted on this date)
Interviews: Thursday 13th June 2019.