As a group of schools, we aim to promote British Values so pupils:
- Understand the values which underpin modern day life in Britain.
- Understand that living under the rule of law protects individual citizens and is essential for well-being and safety.
- Have a mutual respect and tolerance for and an understanding of, the various faiths and beliefs represented in Britain today.
- Value people’s differences and respect them.
- Have an awareness and tolerance of communities different to their own.
- Value democracy and to stand up for right against wrong.
- Understand the importance of identifying and challenging discrimination.
Children are taught British values as part of the curriculum through subjects such as RE, history, geography and during collective worship where children are given the chance to reflect and discuss British values and how they link to our school and Christian values.